Sunday 16 May 2010

Pork tenderloin & roasted rhubarb



Makes 2-3

400g pork tenderloin
100g pancetta rahers (or streaky becon)
2-3 rhubarb stalks
2-3 tbsp honey
pinch of ground ginger
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oven to 200 C.

Sprinkle the pork tenderloin with some pepper and salt (not too much - pancetta is salty) and wrap in pancetta. Place in a ovenproof dish and put into the oven.

Wash and dry the rhubarb and cut into 5cm lengths on the diagonal. Place the honey into a pan and warm through. Add rhubarb and ginger and toss until rhubarb is covered in honey. Set aside.

After 10 minutes of roasting the meat add the rhubarb together with the honey into the dish. Roast for further 10 minutes.

Remove from the oven, set aside and leave it to rest for few minutes. Slice and serve with rhubarb and juices from the roasting dish.

6 comments:

  1. I love pork tenderloin! It can be married with just about anything and if cooked well it is so tender and delicious! I am going to have to get some rhubarb! This meal look absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joumana, thank you. :) It is very pleasant meat to cook. Traditionally pork is eaten in Britain with apples and in Poland with prunes or dried apricots, so as you can see - many fruits go very well with pork. :)

    Greetings from North Yorkshire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karolina...nice to see some inventive and creative cooking going on with tenderloin pork. I am not a huge fan of meat...I do however appreciate this meat above others. Nice to discover your blog.
    By the way...the language issue is really a non issue when foodies rave about what else FOOD ;o)
    Flavourful wishes, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Claudia! Welcome to my blog. :) I hope you will discover some nice veggie recipes here. I'm not a great meat lover, so I like to try new vegetarian ideas. :) Thank you very much for visiting my website and hope to stay in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roast Rhubarb... what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mike. Not my invention I am affraid. ;) I have seen it in some magazine.

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!