Monday 11 July 2011

Raw courgette & olive salad



As a bloger and person who was quite active on culinary forums I have made few new friendships and weather they stayed purely virtual or became friendships in real life, we tend to exchange some goods. Sometimes I send some British specialities abroad, and in exchange I get some nice things: handmade jewellery, real Italian olive oil, even some people that do not know me personally would (and in a fact they had!) have me for a dinner.

Today a recipe from a book that I was given by one of those lovely people who I mentioned above. The original one have fresh oregano, I swapped it for fresh mint.


Serves 2

2 small firm courgettes, sliced into thin strips
handful of black, pitted olives, sliced
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt
freshly ground black pepper
handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped


Mix the olive oil with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Marinate courgette strips in this dressing for about 10 minutes, the longer you marinate the courgettes the more tender they get. Mix with the olives and mint and serve garnished with some more fresh mint.

3 comments:

Please, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!